The Wonderful Someone
"It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send him to you."
~ John 16:7 KJV
"The very promise Jesus gave us contains a name for the Holy Spirit that reveals the uniqueness of His nearness in our loneliness. This name, 'Comforter', is equally translated from the Greek text into six other names, each of which describes a slightly different aspect of the Holy Spirit's precious, personal ministry in our lives:
* Comforter: One Who relieves of mental distress;
* Counselor: One Who gives advice and manages causes;
* Helper: One Who furnishes relief or support;
* Intercessor: One Who acts between parties to reconcile differences;
* Advocate: One Who pleads the cause of another;
*Strengthener: One Who causes strength and endurance;
* Standby: One Who can be always relied upon.
"Can you imagine how wonderful it would be to have Someone with these attributes in your life? If you belong to Jesus, you do have that wonderful Someone. You have the Holy Spirit.
~ Anne Graham Lotz