Today is Thursday, February 20th, 2020; Karen's Korner #4154
At our ecumenical Bible study yesterday a.m., we looked at some thoughts by Sharon Jaynes.Her lead in was the thoughts she had about herself and how unworthy she felt. Didn't measure up to what she believed others thought about her. As a fraud, maybe some day she'd be found out.
With the advice of a friend, she started to search the Bible for her "New Identity in Christ" (and it is true for all of us as believers.).
The list is a long one. Here is a first installment. We may have heard them before but because of the world in which we live, we need to be reminded:
* I am the salt of the earth. (Matthew 5:13)
* I am the light of the world. (Matthew 5:14)
* I am valuable to God. (Matthew 6:26)
* I am indwelled by Christ. His Spirit lives in me. (John 14:20)
* I am a branch of the True Vine. (John 15:15)
* I am Christ's friend. (John 15:15)
* I am chosen and appointed by Christ to go and bear fruit. (John 15:16)
* I am justified by Christ's blood. (Romans 5:9)