Today is Monday, April 11th, 2011; Karen's Korner #2041
"You should be like one big happy family,
full of sympathy toward each other,
loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds.
Don't repay evil for evil.
Don't snap back at those who say unkind things about you.
Instead, pray for God's help for them,
for we are to be kind to others,
and God will bless us for it."
~ I Peter 3:8 & 9
"Peter lists five key ingredients that should characterize
any group of believers:
1) harmony--pursuing the same goals;
2) sympathy--being responsible to others' needs;
3) love--seeing one another as brothers and sisters;
4) tender hearts--being affectionately sensitive;
5) humble minds--being willing to encourage one another and rejoice
in each other's successes.
These five qualities go a long way toward helping believers serve God effectively.